In celebration of Jennifer Lawrence’s birthday today, I am going to wish her a happy day of not being bothered by people that usually bother her and then move on to other fandom topics.
We are now 97 days until Mockingjay Part 1 hits theaters and I know we all would really really like a full trailer about now. The teasers and viral videos were fab, but we would really like a full 2 minute 30 second trailer of goodness to get us excited for the film. There’s lots of other things, like more character posters, that would increase the excitement as well. But the big thing we’re dying for is that LONG AWAITED full trailer. Lionsgate’s CEO mentioned last week that they anticipate Mockingjay Part 1 will be the most successful film in the franchise so far. Releasing a big, exciting trailer would probably be a good way to get the more general audience to start thinking about their movie plans in November.
So here it is, a wishlist for this next trailer:
- That it be a full, 2 minute 30 second trailer. NO MORE SHORT TEASER TRAILERS PLEASE. Save those for the 30 sec/1 min tv spots later on.
- That we see it before the end of August.
- Multiple shots/scenes featuring KATNISS EVERDEEN
- Katniss/Coin subtle face-off
- Haymitch and Katniss scene – can be contentious or comforting. Just them together.
- A book quote or two.
- ACTION SCENES to help dissuade the Mockingjay nay-sayers that the movie will be “boring.”
- New supporting characters in the actions scenes – doesn’t have to be much if you’re so keen on this secrecy stuff, but give us some Boggs and Co.
- Peeta and Johanna (and Annie?) in the Capitol in some way. We don’t necessarily need to see bad things happening to Peeta, but it WOULD be powerful/emotional way to amp up the tension. And make the fandom go crazy with the feels.
- If you show Katniss/Gale kissage, more than balance that out with Katniss and other characters talking about how Peeta is important. We’ve more or less avoided “Peeta Paranoia” so far – let’s keep it that way.
- Oh, and did we mention multiple shots/scenes featuring KATNISS EVERDEEN?
What did we miss?
97 days and counting. And we’re so tired of waiting.