Happy Holidays, everyone!
Tis the season to be jolly and all that jazz! Not everyone celebrates the same winter holidays, but we think it’s safe to say that we’re all hoping for a little extra love and fun this time of year. So we’re here to spread the love and have some fun with not one but TWO holiday contests!
In true Victor’s Village fashion, we’re not going to just give prizes to you. You gotta earn it! Don’t worry, it’s nothing too strenuous and there’s something everyone can participate in (unless you are completely bereft of imagination or humor, in which case there’s really no help for you anywhere!)
We’d like to give a quick shoutout to Tess from Tanglethorne, who was kind enough to donate the mini posters we’ll be giving away to the site!
General Rules: Both contests are international. Please include your name and country of origin in your email to us. You will receive the prizes after Christmas, so re-gifting is not an option!
CONTEST #1 – THE UGLY SWEATER CONTEST
In silly holiday tradition, snap a picture of yourself in the most obnoxious sweater you can find for a chance at an awesome prize pack! We’ll gather up the photos and let your peers vote on their favorite!
– The sweater does not have to denote a specific holiday (though it can) nor does it have to be Hunger Games related.
– Faces do not have to be included in the photo.
– Photos will be posted on the site for voting. If you’re not comfortable with this, please don’t enter!
– All photos must be sent to email@example.com by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, December 19! Voting will take place in the two days following.
CONTEST #2 – HUNGER GAMES CAROL CONTEST
Write a carol that the people of Panem could sing through the districts for a chance at another sweet prize pack! Get as ridiculous as you want!
– Carols can be based off existing holiday songs of any origin or they can be completely original. If they’re based off a song, let us know which one!
– There is no word limit. If you’d like to write us an epic carol poem that makes Beowulf look like a limerick, feel free, but you won’t get extra consideration either way!
– Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, December 19, at which time the staff at Victor’s Village will chose their favorite!
2 Hunger Games cups from the LA premiere
1 Hunger Games lanyard
1 Hunger Games mini poster
1 Handmade felt Mockingjay headband (modeled by Twiffidy on the right!)
1 Katniss Everdeen Devotional Candle from BananaLeviathan
Announcing a runner-up prize for each contest, thanks to the generosity of Leah from Blueleaf Creative! The runner-up in each contest will be allowed to choose one poster from Blueleaf Creative’s collection! Check them out, just in case! 🙂