Tonight, I went to see the movie Pitch Perfect, which our Effie Elizabeth Banks both produced and played a small role in. She played a Caesar Flickerman-esque character… except raunchier. And her name was Gail Abernathy. Suspicious? I think so.
Aside from really cracking me up, the movie got me thinking. What if, instead of a battle to the death, The Hunger Games was like one intense a capella competition? What would the Districts’ teams be named? What songs would they sing? Well, I’ve got some suggestions!
District 1 – The Glamazons
- Material Girl – Madonna
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend – Marilyn Monroe
- Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani
District 2 – The MaSONICs
- Brick – Ben Folds Five
- Like a Stone – Audioslave
- Street Fighting Man – The Rolling Stones
- This Is War – 30 Seconds to Mrs
District 3 – The Technotes
- Technologic – Daft Punk
- Telephone – Lady Gaga
- Video Killed the Radio Star – The Buggles
- The Humans Are Dead – Flight of the Conchords
District 4 – Vocal Expl-ocean
- Itsy Bitsy Yellow Polka Dot Bikini – Brian Hyland
- Cry Me a River – Justin Timberlake
- Drowning – Backstreet Boys (Sorry, I’m awful)
- Dead Sea – The Lumineers
- Swallowed in the Sea – Coldplay
Stayed tuned for the rest!