If you are here and reading this despite our atrocious layout, BLESS YOU.
We’ve had this weird peachy, orange-y concoction going on since this site first opened. When The Girl With The Pearl originally asked a friend for the banner, she insisted that it include the Hot Topic Hunger Games poster with a weird burnt orange background… and everything went to hell from there. Either way, we are ready to move on!
We want a kickin’ design, so we looked into graphic designers and DEAR GOD WHAT KIND OF MONEY DO THESE PEOPLE THINK WE MAKE, WE WORK MENIAL JOBS AND RUN AN EDITORIAL FANSITE FOR GOODNESS SAKE! *cough* Yeah.. so.. we decided not to do that! Instead, we are turning to YOU! The super talented Hunger Games fans!
Here’s how it goes:
- We are going to give you our basic idea for an original Victor’s Village banner and icons
- Send your entries to email@example.com by October 20th
- If we choose your banner for the site, you get a $25 cash prize and a link on our main page, assuming you have a website!
Interested? Click the Read More link for all the details!
- The background of the banner must be black!
- The theme of the the banner will be CANARIES IN THE COAL MINE.
- It must include the site name (don’t forget the apostrophe!) and the phrase “Canaries in the Coal Mine since 2011”.
- Canaries too, realistic or cartoon-ish! Preferably three birds, since there are three writers.
- Icons will be used for our social networks and should match the banner theme as best as possible without being a miniature banner cut into a square shape!
- We ask that you don’t add any signatures to the banner. We promise to give you tons of credit elsewhere if we use yours!
- Other than that, we’re giving you artistic license. Make it beautiful!
Other Important Rules and Notes:
- We will only send the prize to the winner via Paypal. Therefore, you must. have. Paypal.
- Remember the tone of the site when making your banner! The background may be black, but we are here to discuss things lightly and bring the funny, so a banner that goes all horror show on us won’t do!
- This is really, really important to us. The images we pick will represent our site for a good, long while. Therefore, if none of the entries we receive match the standards that we’re looking for, we reserve the right not to choose a winner. In that case, we will still display all of the entries in a post as well as link back to the creators to give them major kudos (but we’re really hoping this won’t happen!)